Do you want to launch and/or grow your own private tutoring business? Would any time, anywhere access to convenient online tools and a digital learning platform help? If so, then we’re glad you’re here!
We’re searching for the best and brightest K-12 tutors to join the Sylvan In-Home community. If you’re enthusiastic and dedicated to delivering quality, personalized tutoring support, then we have families that need your help NOW!
As a Sylvan In-Home tutor, your primary role is to build lasting family relationships and support the academic needs and goals of your students. You’ll meet with your students regularly for 1:1 sessions and provide parents with responsive, honest communication and feedback on their child’s progress. And, to ensure you’ll be the most effective tutor, you’ll always be looking for new strategies, resources, and tools to use that will help your students progress and achieve their very best.
What’s in it for you as a Sylvan In-home tutor?
Our goal is to make it easy and convenient for you to deliver first-rate tutoring to your students while also supporting the goals you have for yourself as a tutor and your business.
Here are just a few perks you’ll enjoy as a Sylvan In-Home tutor:
- Work as much as you want, when you want. You get to establish your tutoring availability in a manner that meets your personal lifestyle and income goals.
- Establish your own hourly rates for tutoring. And because we have the lowest commissions in the industry, you get to keep more of the income you’ve
- Meet 1:1 with your students at any mutually convenient location that is best for learning, such as the student’s home or public library.
- Create and maintain a Sylvan In-Home online tutor profile that you can also share with others for a more robust approach to attracting new families and marketing your tutoring services.
- Manage your tutoring business from anywhere, any time! Our user-friendly website and mobile app make it easy for you to handle your schedule, receive online payments, respond to session requests, and communicate with your families from right at home or on-the-go.
- Save yourself hours of prep time and maintaining materials by becoming Certified in the Sylvan Method. These elite tutors get exclusive access to our premier digital learning platform, assessments tools, and hours of comprehensive instructional content. Our in-center students have shown 2-3 times more growth in math and reading than their peers as a result of The Sylvan Method!
- A dedicated Sylvan In-Home team. We are committed to providing you with first-class support, communication, product training, business development resources, and so much more…
We could keep going, but we want there to be some surprises for you!
What do we look for in a Sylvan In-Home tutor?
Here at Sylvan, we believe that education is everything and a child’s future depends on a solid educational foundation that is propelled by a true love of learning. We also believe that great teachers matter.
Becoming a Sylvan tutor means you’re joining us in furthering our legacy and reputation as a trusted, recognized brand known for delivering proven results and success for students worldwide for more than 40 years. That’s why we want the best, brightest, and most dedicated tutors who share our passion!
The ideal Sylvan In-Home candidate must have the following qualifications and requirements:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Although not required to tutor all subjects, a current or past teacher’s certification is preferred
- Demonstrated experience teaching or tutoring within your area of expertise
- Effectively complete our tutor screening and onboarding process
- Successfully pass a background check
- An evident passion for teaching/tutoring
*Ability to tutor remotely due to COVID-19. Tutors may continue to tutor remotely or can tutor in-home if a family prefers in-person tutoring.
We have students who need your help NOW! Go to www.SylvanInHomeTutoring.com/become-a-tutor and COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION TODAY. Have questions? Visit www.SylvanInHomeTutoring.com and click on Contact Us to reach our team.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $75.00 /hour
Experience: Total teaching/tutoring (combined): 1 year (Required)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)